26 August 2009

For a happy person I love sad love stories.

"I was born when you kissed me. I died when you left me. I lived a few weeks while you loved me."

I re-watched Nicholas Ray's In a Lonely Place two nights ago. The first time I watched it I was exhausted (after an all nighter doing work last minute...as always Just- Radiohead comes to mind) but still loved it. The second time I was totally absorbed by the ending, it's really heartbreakingly, devastatingly cruel. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves classical Hollywood/ film noir or a sad love story. It's a masterpiece and Bogart is such a good actor and Gloria Grahame is stuuuunning. I would have loved to have been a classical Hollywood actress - showering in melodrama and glamour! I am also jealous that they all have these cute little waists. My 'waist' or lack thereof starts where my legs meet my ribs. Boo.

bad ass use of paint.

Watch the trailer - I am obsessed with old trailers.


No comments:

Post a Comment